Saturday, January 4, 2014

Making Choices

Okay, this is my first blog post, and I have to admit that I am a little nervous. Never thought to do this until now, but I am going to give it a shot.

It seems that the past few days there has been much talk about Gabrielle Union/Dwayne Wade. I can't say that I am surprised by the hoopla. I think it is basic human nature to want to know what is going on in celebrity lives and also to commiserate when there is pain or discord.

I take two issues with the whole situation. First, let me say the baby is the innocent victim in this whole situation, so I will not be speaking on the baby.

One of the things I often try to do as a human being is to walk a mile in the other person's shoes, try not to judge, and go beyond the surface of things and look at the larger issue or issues.

There are two larger issues for me: the first issue is that Dwayne Wade, break or not, was having unprotected sex. I mean come on dude, you are an NBA player with millions, and you are over 30, two things that should scream that you should know better.

Secondly, this is not some random groupie who he picked up in a club or bar. This is a woman who he has known for years. Now comes the bigger question: how deep is their relationship? You have known each other for years, and you felt comfortable enough to have sex without condoms. That would not sit well with me!

Ultimately, the ball is in Gabrielle Union's court. I would probably guess that she is going to give this thing a try. After all, she accepted his proposal, which came six weeks after the baby's birth, and she is 41, wants children, and a whole family unit, so time is not on her side to get what she wants, at least not by natural means.

Life is a series of choices....I hope Gabby makes the ones that she can deal with!

Until next time folks.....

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Corey. However, I don't get into the celebrity hoopla. Great blog! I look forward to seeing more!

    Masonya N Ruff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Corey. Look forward to many more topics!

    ReplyDelete