Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why Do You Watch?

Each week, I get on social media after an episode of Scandal or Being Mary Jane air, and I just shake my head at the comments. Newsflash, as much as we may enjoy the shows, THEY ARE NOT REAL! Do I need to repeat that? lol

For those of you who do not watch, both protagonists are involved in affairs with married men, which sets off a firestorm of its own. For any woman who has ever been done wrong by a man, or had her man taken, it becomes a moment to live vicariously through the main characters.

For those holier than thou types (You know the ones, who spend half their time in church, and the other half quoting scriptures and judging others), it gives a platform for them to spew more religious rhetoric on the evils of "sin", and a way to put others under a microscope, while forgetting about their own glass houses and various sins.

And then are the sensible people, like me and countless others, who just enjoy the great monologues, the never ending plot twists, the incredibly, stellar acting, and the awesome writing talent of Shonda Rhimes and Ms. Akil,

It is refreshing to watch shows where you can't always guess where the story will go next, and to have multi-layered characters, who do not always do the predictable thing....and did I mention the music on both of these shows is phenomenal?

To those of you who enjoy the shows as much as I do, keep watching and keep supporting, as I believe both shows have a long shelf life.

For those of you with "issues" that do not allow you to separate real life from fiction or who are so heavenly focused, that you are no earthly good....I have a recommendation for a few psychiatrists who can help you with those issues!


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment