Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sometimes It Is Okay to Be Petty

I saw a recent Instagram post of Beyonce' and Mama Tina Knowles. They were decked in their Grammy attire, and had their middle fingers up with a "f the haters" message. Now some say it was their way of getting back at the Grammys for snubbing Beyonce' for the best album award. The truth is it may have been about that, or it may have been something totally different. The overall thing is their fingers, their business.

This week, I had a personal situation where I was challenged, and of course, I was expected to take the high road; and I didn't, and I decided to be petty instead.

The very people who elected the orange tyrant who is now acting like a 70 year old toddler, and the very people who consistently disrespected President Obama for eight consecutive years, now want people to take the high roads, and come together in love (rolls eyes).

I for one say, turning the other cheek, being the bigger person is highly overrated, and sometimes you have to let people know, that you are done taking their shit.

As I celebrated my 40th year of life a few months ago, I have been constantly doing self-reflection and trying to look for the lesson or the message in every experience. The lesson that I learned this week, is that sometimes people mistake niceness for weakness, and they will completely get out of control, if you let them continue to use and abuse you. In other words, sometimes you just have to let folks know who you are, and what you will not tolerate. Besides, what good is it in taking the high road and turning the other cheek, when you are miserable because all you wanted to be was petty?

And for those struggling with morality and their moral consciences, remember that even Jesus turned over their tables in the temple when he became angry over the thievery going on, and this same Jesus wants you to have an abundant life.

So take the high road if you truly believe that is what is right, but if your spirit, and your desire to be happy, say be petty, will petty you need to be!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment