Saturday, October 17, 2015

Get A Divorce People!

No, I am not advocating divorce. With the divorce rate at over 60%, I don't really think that there is any advocating to be done.The numbers speak for themselves.

The shocking and devastating situation with Lamar Odom this week really got me to thinking. I honestly thought that he and Khloe Kardashian were divorced. Honestly, I try to avoid anything Kardashian related, but I thought that since they both had moved on with other people, that they had ended things legally and officially,

This got me to thinking about a disturbing trend. I have countless friends, who have been separated numerous years, so long that they have moved on and are in serious relationships with other people. I am talking about serious to the point of pledging love and buying engagement rings and the like and still are very much married, at least legally, to someone else.

You do realize that as long as you are legally married to that individual, who probably hates your guts, they can make in and all important decisions if you God forbid, fall deathly ill or need life saving measures? This means in front of your mother, children, or people who actually love/like your monkey tail.

One thing that I know, if God forbid something should happen to me, I know and trust that my mother would make the right decisions on my behalf. It would be difficult, painful, even tragic, but I know that she loves me enough, knows me well enough, that should would make the right decision.

If you have moved on, if you are so in love with your current significant other, hate the other person's guts, then end it. No amount of money, disagreement, or any of those other trivial matters, which cause people to be "separated" for years, are worth allowing another individual, who doesn't even like you anymore, to have that amount of power over your life.

Because think about Lamar Odom. That person could be a Kardashian, or someone like them.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment