Friday, August 7, 2015

Women: Let Jennifer Garner's Pain Be A Cautionary Tale For You

I was in the grocery store today, waiting to checkout with my groceries. Plastered across the various tabloids, and People Magazine, were stories of the recent breakup between Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.

Let me just say, it is always sad to see any marriage breakup, and especially sad, when there are children involved. Their youngest is just three years old.

As with most breakups, details are emerging, and the latest is that the cause may be Ben's inappropriate relationship with the 28 year old nanny.

As I read the story, I saw a story that is not just a Hollywood saga, but one that has played out in regular life on a consistent basis, and as a male who loves, respects, and appreciates women, I had to share this with all of you.

Never, ever, invite another woman into your house to take care of your children! Do I need to repeat this? I know motherhood, having a career, being a wife, and doing countless other things that women do to keep a household running, can be daunting and overwhelming, but never allow another woman into your home.

I don't care if you have J-Lo's body, and are sexing your husband, every day, or several times a day, or how good you think your "hot box" is, no "hot box" is as good as "new" hot box. What I am saying is, that when we as men are getting older, want to feel young again, grow tired and bored, we will seek out a new conquests, so don't invite that kind of drama to your home.

Not I am not saying that women are responsible for their men cheating. But don't provide the tools by bringing in a hot, younger version of yourself.

People tell me I am mistrustful, but I also believe in being proactive and cautious.

I also subscribe to the Chris Rock school of thought when it comes to fidelity. Once during a standup routine, Chris Rock stated and I quote, "A man is only as faithful as his options." If he has options, don't expect fidelity. If he doesn't have them, well, you have yourself a faithful man.

Please accept this, not as women or men bashing...this is simply advice based upon observations and life experience.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment